You all might not know but, Stretching makes up an important part of your exercise routine. Not all people stretch before exercise, so you may be wondering if stretching is important. When it comes to Pre and Post Stretching Exercise, stretching before a workout helps your body to become more pliable, which decreases your risk for injury. You want to stretch the main muscle groups that you plan on working during that exercise session. For example, if you’re going to be running, or doing lower body strength exercises, you probably want to stretch your hamstrings, quads, glutes, and calves.
Here are Some Details On Pre and Post Stretching Exercises:
You’d want to do these leg stretches standing, and holding each position for about 10 seconds. You want to keep your heart rate elevated to around the same level, so that you’re pushing more blood into your muscles during your stretching program. Pre and post stretching exercise doesn’t take that much of your time its hardly 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Stretching before and after workout is really important because it helps in warming up the muscles that you are about to work out on and it also prevents injury. Stretching after a workout too is equally important as it helps in reducing the muscle soreness as well as helps to get your muscles back to their original length.
Read Now: A Bride-to-be Should Follow This Pre-Wedding Diet Plan
Reasons Why Stretching Is Important Before Your Workout Session
• It reduces muscle tension, and makes your body feel more relaxed.
• It helps to increase your range of motion.
• The more you stretch, the more flexible you will become and less prone to injury.
• It helps to prevent muscle strains. A pre-stretched muscle resists stress far better than an un-stretched muscle.
• It helps to prevent joint strains.
• It reduces your risk of having back problems.
• It prepares your body for a heavy and good workout.
• It helps to increase ‘body awareness’.
• It promotes good blood circulation in your muscles.
• It can help reduce period pain especially with women.
• It reduces muscle soreness after exercise.
So, if you want to get fit and do a good workout without any cramps then you must include these Pre and Post Stretching Exercise to your routine.