Alia Bhatt is one of the great actresses that’s taken seriously when it comes to her style trends and fantastic talent. Believe it or not, but she had lots of work to do to get to where she is today. To make her dream come true, she had to lose weight. She once weighed about 68 kgs and had to shed about 16 kgs in three months before her debut role some years back. You have to admit she looks great now. But how did she do it? Here is Alia Bhatt’s Weight Loss Journey for all of you.
Here is Alia Bhatt’s Weight Loss Journey:
It Starts With What You Eat
Alia revamped her diet and began following a strict diet. So, this included lots of healthier , organic foods. She worked with a personal fitness trainer, who planned out her diet that was filled with chicken and vegetables, giving up everything else.
She does indulge in sweet, even cakes from her favourite Chef Kelvin Cheung, Pooja Dhingra’s Le 15 Patisserie. But all this is in moderation. What she does focus on are the 6 to 8 meals a day, which include healthy fats, proteins, fruits, veggies, and fresh fruit juices. The meals are a lot, but they are smaller in size so she can limit the portions and digestion is easier.
• Breakfast – Sugar-free coffee/herbal tea along with an egg white sandwich or a bowl of veggies.
• Brunch – one idli with sambar, or a bowl of fruit.
• Lunch – 1 roti with vegetables and a cup of daal and some curd or veggie quinoa with chicken.
• Evening snacks – Sugar-free tea or coffee or one idli with sambar
• Dinner – Same as lunch, while the other option is grilled chicken breast.
It’s Also About Moving Those Muscles
Working out is a part of the bigger picture of losing weight. Alia also had to hit the gym, training with Yasmin Karachiwala, the Pilates queen around the week.
Sundays – 5 minutes warm ups of either stretches or slow jogging followed by 6 MPS run on the treadmill for 10 minutes and then these exercises
- 3 sets of 10 reps Push-ups
- 3 sets of 15 reps Lat Pull Downs
- 3 sets of 12 reps Triceps Push Down
- 3 sets of 20 reps Dumbbell Raises
- 3 sets of 20 reps biceps curls
Mondays – 5 minutes warm ups of either stretches or slow jogging followed by yoga.
Tuesdays – 5 minutes warm ups of either stretches or slow jogging followed by these exercises.
- 3 sets of 20 reps bicycle crunches
- 3 sets of 15 reps reverse crunches
- 3 sets of 15 reps back extensions
- 3 sets of 15 reps abs crunches
Wednesdays – Lots of rest
Thursdays – 5 minutes warm ups of either stretches or slow jogging followed by 6 MPS run on the treadmill for 10 minutes and then these exercises.
- 3 sets of 20 reps forward lunges
- 3 sets of 20 reps backward lunges
- 3 sets of 15 reps weighted lunges
- 3 sets of 25 reps squat
Fridays – 5 minutes warm up of either stretches or slow jogging followed by yoga.
Saturdays – Rest
This Could Work For You
It’s all about the lifestyle changes that can help you lose the pound and feel more energetic. In fact, Alia’s diet is pretty easy and has lots of food you can make, you can even customise it as well. But just like it’s the extra effort that counts – exercise people! So, this is Alia Bhatt’s weight loss journey. Do you think you could move it like Alia, or do you have some weight loss secrets of your own. Comment below now, please!